We are looking for Black Males to join our very first Black Men and Boys Leadership Academy. The criteria are listed below.
WHEN: March 26th-May 7th, 2011
TIME: Every Sat. 8:00am-12:30pm
MORE INFO: Jocelyn Chretien at 559.485.1273 or Dr. Jean Kennedy at 559.270.1023
Black Men and Boys (BMB) mission is to identify the systemic failures which have created unequal health outcomes for black men and boys of color (BMBoC), and to promote policies and system practices which demonstrate the greatest potential for improving their quality of life.
BMB LEADERSHIP ACADEMY CRITERIA
1. African American Male – (Preferred but not limited to the ages of 18 and over)
2. The candidate must be interested in community advocacy
3. Willing to volunteer time to Black Men and Boys projects
4. Willing to represent themselves in a professional manner.
5. The candidate must be willing to complete all training sessions every Saturday 8:00am-12:30pm beginning March 26th- May 7th (No Class on Saturday April 23rd) . BMB Leadership Academy Graduation Ceremony will be held on June 3rd , 2011
6. At the completion of graduation from BMB Leadership Academy, the participant must be willing to serve on 1 of the 6 BMB Committees.
a. Leadership professional and personal Development
b. Education and Training
c. Social-Economic Development
d. Justice and Safety
e. Health Equality
f. Community Capacity.
Academy Sessions Include:
“Building Healthy Communities”
“Black Brotherhood: Building Relationships of Healing & Hope”
“Developing Black Men for Leadership”
“The Basics of NonViolence”
“Black Men Health Issues”
“Advocacy & Immigration”
“Bringing Your “A” Game”
“Building Coalitions Among Diverse Groups”
“Community Organizing and Community Engagements”
“Overcoming Obstacles in the Job Market”
“The Black Entrepreneur”
“Crime Prevention for Black Males” What you gonna do when they come for you?
If you fit the above criteria and are interested in Attending CALL NOW!
SEATS ARE FILLING UP!
CALL NOW TO PARTNER! If you are interested in partnering with us, we have a partnership letter available. Please contact FWCED at 559-485-1273.
Thank you to our current partners,
Kings of Kings Community Center
Mary Ella Brown Community Center
Hills Document Assistant
Center for Multicultural Cooperation
Keith Kelley – Fresno West Coalition for Economic Development